Coppers Millions Cup
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Coppers Millions Cup

Coppers Millions Cup

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
Voir le deal
69.99 €

CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!!

AuteurMessage
Dimitri
Staff ;)
Dimitri

Login : dimitri1993

CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! Empty
MessageSujet: CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!!   CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! Icon_minitimeDim 29 Jan 2012 - 16:57

About time I posted...

Thursday, 2nd February at 8:30 PM CET
is when we celebrate the 5th anniversary of the CMC! May the CMC live!

CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! Cmcfevrier2012
JACKPOT of 5*10^(x) coppers
777 777 777 777

- For this evening, we offer you one track per environment - this means 7 tracks on 7 environments - which are kept in secret till the very evening of the edition!

- For the evening not to end late, we're going to start the edition... at about 8:30 PM CET. Yeah, I know, I certainly am going to be late!

- As a remainder, don't hesitate to donate a bit more when you subscribe; the amount of the JACKPOT depends on the generosity of the donors and participants!

- Players can subscribe (min. 50 coppers) on the Coppers Millions Cup dedicated server (its login is CMCSRV, click here to join), with a reasonable limit of ~220 slots. Once the limit is exceeded (and subscriptions closed), you'll have to contact the staff in exchange of an extra donation to the server (at least 500C to be donated before the CMC is about to start).

- How to subscribe: on the window that appears upon joining the server, (or upon clicking the 5th icon, the right-most icon on the bar in the top left-hand corner of the screen), specify your subscription fee (which can't be less than 50 coppers), click the "J'accepte" button and confirm the payment. All coppers received will go straight to the JACKPOT, so feel free to boost it by donating Wink

- You can have a look at the subscription list on this page. The very day, all non-registered players will see a black screen with a link to join the spectator relay server (no such server available for now...) that's for limiting the lag on the main server. Don't worry about that "no-spec policy" ; after a while (one week or two) after the edition, all of the played tracks and replays should be available for download Wink

- Be prepared for your satisfaction: during the evening, there will be many players and potentially long tracks! So you should decrease the graphic settings (depending on your GPU) and the maximal limit of cars that are displayed simultaneously. You should also shut down programs that consume too much in memory or CPU speed. Moreover, consider increasing your computer memory (RAM), especially if you have not enough memory, if your OS is memory-hungry, or if you often get BSoD's or shutdowns...

- Keep in mind that criticism on each track should be both constructive and encouraging for the mapper, as described on this topic. Keep strongly negative comments (about tracks, mappers or the admins) to yourself during the CMC, and only consider posting them on this forum, as long as it's constructive and not too harsh...

- The JACKPOT is the CoppersMillionCup server itself; feel free to donate in order to make it grow and encourage the CMC staff!

WARNING: consider subscribing in advance!!

Have fun on the server while waiting for the official race.
RDV on the 24h/24 server every day for fun.

If you want, you can put a monthly-updated automatic userbar in your signature (CET/CEST clock-time) :
CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! Userbar_enCMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! 2vj50jr
Citation :
The userbar which links to this forum has the following BBCode:
Code:
[url=www.tinyurl.com/cmcforum][img]http://cmc.teamvip.eu/userbar_en.png[/img][/url]
If you want to include a clock which shows the time in France, append this BBCode next to the userbar:
Code:
[url=www.tinyurl.com/cmctime][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vj50jr.png[/img][/url]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Dimitri
Staff ;)
Dimitri

Login : dimitri1993

CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!!   CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! Icon_minitimeMer 8 Fév 2012 - 16:13

Not as many non-francophone players this time, but eh, GG everyone... Let's translate Smile

Organisers' forum comments
mangastef a écrit:
[...]
That evening, I was more into the spirit of organizing a good evening to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the CMC.
I definitely didn't want this to be a hassle for me.

As had to be requested, let me list the reasons for my unexpected (track restarts). Of course, I'm not talking about the usual repetitive restarts preceding the real run, nor will I explain the few restarts I did as a result of business with AdminServ tasks Wink

For those tempted to call "favouritism" on this, think however you want -- I do not care.

Restart #1 (Rally)
This one was for Remo (AFG Remo, one of the first CMC organisers who were aware of the initial concept, should you not know about that already!). His connection had dropped out, and as I noticed, he came back a bit too late in the race.
(No, his ranking did not matter. To put it this way: Would you enjoy a 30-second-late start with almost no racers near you?)

Restart #2 (Coast)
Consider me a "soap" on this environment. I was in the back of the pack, -- of course because I no longer am the one pre-testing track submissions ; Zepset is the one now -- and I had a good view over the happenings that were in front of me.
I could see that some people managed to misinterpret a direction (and turned left instead of jumping straight?) which I thought looked quite obvious.
As I wanted to see this by myself, I respawned behind that part and took the misinterpreted direction to see what awaited me...
From thereon, I took the decision to restart this track because the run's time was under a minute.

Last restart (Desert]
Because of some panels that failed to show (red ones!), the track lacked some important directions, especially at one crucial cross-way (with a confusion-prone tunnel entry) that could make you skip half the track.
I reassure you, I was among the ones doing that mistake; I was unlucky enough to follow a pack that took the wrong way.
Maybe memory fails me, but I remember that the mapper DID race this track, and most likely guided a bunch of top-ranked players towards the right path to clear out the confusion to them.
(Red Shreder, were you amongst the front runners? Advantaging a pack but not the others? Whatever, I have nothing to blame on mappers; they have rights after all -- he put hard work in this track, he deserves to roam around. Without points because of the mappers' chart, but still...)

Now to finally comment on the 5th anniversary of the CMC.
My sole goal was to spend a nostalgic moment on a game I enjoyed playing. This 60th edition, I intended it to be fun for absolutely everyone.
Now that TM² has launched, the TMUF part of the community is somewhat reduced, so I'd hate to keep seeing grumbling over mistakes or unimportant stuff.

Meh, let's stop here, I feel quite tired...

Lastly, if I ever feel like restarting once again to wait for someone who encourages (and/or follows and/or is at the origin of) the CMC spirit, I will.

And thanks for the encouraging comments sunny

Zepset a écrit:
Let's keep it short and serious:

I have nothing to say about the pathetic grumbling comments from some players, because many others have had their grumbling times as well.
Though, if someone is to blame for , that'd be me, not Stef. As it turns out, I did a mistake by keeping the red panels among the blue ones. I suppose, despite my absence, that there have been several other occurrences of problems in that track; but please be aware that as a track tester, one can easily get used to the track's flow after a few validations... Some defects thus come unnoticed after the n-th test...
Either way, whether it be from Stef, from Dimitri or from myself, a good amount of energy and time is spent in order to offer an as-best-quality-as-possible CMC. I'm quite sure this "fact" makes up for any "negligence mistakes" that may be done (and the track restarts hardly can be considered as obvious mistakes, either).

With this, see you next month.

Maps, tracks, and other content
Dimitri a écrit:
EDIT: The CMC60 replays are downloadable here.
Now, off to wait for the recent tracks (up to CMC60) to be uploaded... Then I will make it (give me time!) so you can download all tracks from the 5th season Smile

Axatar a écrit:
Enjoy! The following videos are made from real-time Fraps recordings that were done during the CMC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBuGhElPJD4 (Bay and Desert)
http://www.tm-tube.com/video/26326/ (Snow and Island)

The other parts* will come in due time Smile

*No Stadium recording, sorry

Results
mangastef a écrit:
Finally, I present you to the results of the 60th CMC celebrating its 5th anniversary. cheers
(Columns are: Rank / Login / Nickname / Score / Points substracted from mappers / New Rank / ... / Final Total Score / Coppers Gain / Podium and Mappers' bonuses / Total Coppers Gain)
(Each point is worth 30 coppers, taken from the jackpot of 380,952 coppers (400,000 coppers with the 5% Nadeo Tax))

CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!! CMC-60fr
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

CMC60: the race of February 2012 - 5-year celebration!!
Page 1 sur 1