Coppers Millions Cup
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Coppers Millions Cup

Coppers Millions Cup

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

CMC51: the race of May 2011

AuteurMessage
Dimitri
Staff ;)
Dimitri

Login : dimitri1993

CMC51: the race of May 2011 Empty
MessageSujet: CMC51: the race of May 2011   CMC51: the race of May 2011 Icon_minitimeVen 3 Juin 2011 - 10:44

Thursday, May 5th 2011 at 9 PM CET

CMC51: the race of May 2011 Cmcmai11

JACKPOT of ???,??? coppers
777 777 777 777

- All tracks to be played (4 or more) are kept in secret until the start of the race.

- Players can subscribe (min. 50 coppers) on the Coppers Millions Cup dedicated server (its login is CMCSRV, click here to join), with a reasonable limit of ~220 slots. Once the limit is exceeded (and subscriptions closed), you'll have to contact the staff in exchange of an extra donation to the server (at least 500C to be donated before the CMC is about to start).

- How to subscribe: on the window that appears upon joining the server, specify your subscription fee (which can't be less than 50 coppers), click on "J'accepte" and confirm the payment. All coppers received will go to the JACKPOT, so feel free to boost it by donating Wink

- You can have a look at the subscription list on this page. The very day, all non-registered players will see a black screen with a link to join the spectator relay server (no such server available for now...) that's for limiting the lag on the main server. Don't worry about that "no-spec policy" ; after a while (one week or two) after the edition, all of the played tracks and replays should be available for download Wink

- Be prepared for your satisfaction: during the evening, there will be many players and potentially long tracks! So you should decrease the graphic settings (depending on your GPU) and the maximal limit of cars that are displayed simultaneously. You should also shut down programs that consume too much in memory or CPU speed. Moreover, consider increasing your computer memory (RAM), especially if you have not enough memory, if your OS is memory-hungry, or if you often get BSoD's or shutdowns...

- Keep in mind that criticism on each track should be both constructive and encouraging for the mapper, as described on this topic. Keep strongly negative comments (about tracks, mappers or the admins) to yourself during the CMC, and only consider posting them on this forum, as long as it's constructive and not too harsh...

WARNING: consider subscribing in advance!!
Have fun on the server while waiting for the official race.
RDV on the 24h/24 server every day for fun.

If you want, you can put a monthly-updated automatic userbar in your signature (CET/CEST clock-time) :
CMC51: the race of May 2011 Userbar_enCMC51: the race of May 2011 2vj50jr
Citation :
The userbar which links to this forum has the following BBCode:
Code:
[url=www.tinyurl.com/cmcforum][img]http://cmc.teamvip.eu/userbar_en.png[/img][/url]
If you want to include a clock which shows the time in France, append this BBCode next to the userbar:
Code:
[url=www.tinyurl.com/cmctime][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vj50jr.png[/img][/url]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Dimitri
Staff ;)
Dimitri

Login : dimitri1993

CMC51: the race of May 2011 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: CMC51: the race of May 2011   CMC51: the race of May 2011 Icon_minitimeVen 3 Juin 2011 - 11:46

mangastef a écrit:
As with every month, I think most of you are being a bit too harsh when it comes to criticizing tracks featured for the CMC.
If you're looking for someone to blame, choose me. I am the judge, I decide on the tracks that are or aren't going to be played. Embarassed
I find it deceiving that you spend more time criticizing and overlooking the original concept of the CMC.
It's true that we all wish to hit the big JACKPOT one day. But let's not overlook the main fact, that the CMC is a "game" in which people have fun playing, enjoying the mistakes/bloopers that one makes, and so on...
To me, yesterday, only one person may be excused from criticizing/gambling, - yep, everyone can be somewhat harsh at times - because he is well used to making CMC tracks that are quite a lot enjoyable and thus show mapping abilities/skill.
As a remainder, let me tell you that some tracks made by a player of the GA (Gamers' Assembly) also received some negative criticism. And no, it's not part of the CMC. tongue

Of course not every CMC is bulletproof or perfect, but wouldn't players get bored if tracks were to follow the same perfect? wouldn't that also get to the nerves of some non-perfect mappers? etc...
I am determined to tell you the secret, that some traps were purposely left by myself in order to penalize the fastest drivers. Yeah, I know I am being quite sadistic. Razz

Now, before I get to the results, I thank you all for your monthly and numerous presence, especially those who were present at the very beginning. Long live the CMC!! cheers

Here are the results. And, whoa! that's a second tie in the CMC history, with two players earning the first place. GG Axatar and Marius!

(Offtopic: now if only everybody voted for me to become one of the TM² beta-testers... lol!)

CMC51: the race of May 2011 CMC-51en

remo a écrit:
geek All tracks of the CMC51 are now available straightly here. drunken

(replays coming later)
This is the last announcement of CMC tracks I am posting from that old flat at Vanves. I am moving... (not that far, duh)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

CMC51: the race of May 2011
Page 1 sur 1